21st Century Pony Car Wars, as part of the Mopars at the Strip event in Las Vegas March 26th-28th, 2010. Open to all current generation Camaro, Mustangs and Challengers. It will be Camaro VS Mustang VS Challenger on the track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
It’s been 38 years in the making. Class is open to late model Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros. All power adders are legal. This class is for street legal 2005-2010 models. All entries must run on a dial.
Bounty: If winner of this class is a Dodge Challenger, Payout to winner doubles to $1,000.00.
Racing is Friday,Saturday and Finals are Sunday March 28th.
General Race Information:
Class minimums are set at twelve vehicles or as specified to run a race class. If the minimum is not met by the event dates, you will be moved to another class such as street or time only. Event Promoter and Las Vegas Motor Speedway reserve the right to modify race schedule and posted payouts.
If a class does not meet the class minimums and the participants want to continue in a group the advertised payout will be void, and participants will be paid on a $100.00 per round won during eliminations.
Class size: If total qualified class entries exceed 150 qualified entries, Eights will be paid $150 each.
Additional Race Information:
- Pony Car Wars will be run as an e.t. Bracket.
- .500 Full tree for all classes.
- Compulink Cross-Talk will be used for Quick 16 and Super Pro. If you do not wish to see your opponent’s top bulb, please place an “N” after the dial-in on your window.
- Classes will be randomly paired until the semifinals before being placed on a qualified ladder based on closest to dial-in.
- Best reaction time on a winning run will determine the provisional bye.
- First or second round buybacks will be offered in all bracket classes (time permitting).
- Please display all car numbers and dial-ins on the left (driver’s side) of the car.
- All race entries include one weekend pass.
- Punch cards will be handed out to all race participants after they pass tech. These punch cards will be used to ensure that every participant will receive equal passes. To ensure your equal number of passes, please be at LVMS early on Friday morning.
- Optional bonus rounds may be available if time permits on Friday evening. To be announced. Schedule is greatly affected by car count, oil downs; please check your vehicle for leaks before leaving home.
- Synthetic oil products are popular as lubricants. The chemical compositions of these lubricants also make them very costly and difficult to remove from a race surface. The race rule concerning synthetic oil products: If you have an oil down during the event and are using synthetic oil products, you will be given a warning on the first occurrence. If you oil down the track a second time during the event, you will be disqualified from any further competition at this event. This comes from the staff at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and JP Motorsports. Synthetics are costing everyone valuable track time. If you have a problem, please pull to the side and stop the vehicle as soon as possible, eliminating further damage and down time.
- Tech will be open on Thursday, March 25, starting at noon. ETI tech will be available. For a complete listing of tech rules and regulations consult our web site, moparsatthestrip.com. If you are a beginner racer, tech is set up to protect you. Tech is there to ensure safety. Give your car a thorough visual inspection. Look for and fix anything that is leaking. Check your tires and brakes. Make sure that you have an overflow bottle for your radiator coolant. If the tech officials find something they don’t like, they will address it with you and suggest remedies. You should have time to correct the problem before the racing begins. These are NHRA and LVMS Rules, we (JP Motorsports will not waive any safety rules, they are there for your protection). Double check your dates on your safety belts, change them before you leave home. They have to be correct to run.
- Roll bars, if your vehicle runs faster than 11.49 seconds, you have to have a certified roll bar in your vehicle.
- Roll cage certification is required for vehicles 9.99 seconds or quicker and/or for vehicles 135 mph or faster. Each second quicker you run, there are specific qualifications that are necessary to compete. Consult an official NHRA rule book.
For further information, parking, trailer information, etc. visit the Mopars At The Strip website.
Hope to see you there!