You wanted it, Vortech delivers! After eagerly anticipating the return of the 5.0L Mustang into the Pony Car Wars, the mighty 5 Liter is quickly re-establishing itself as the king of the road with the addition of the Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Supercharging System from Vortech. When we started supercharging factory 5.0L Mustangs back in 1990, we never expected to see the day when a factory bolt-on Mustang Supercharging System would bring you to an astonishing 605 HORSEPOWER!!! However, those days are here…and these incredible Supercharging Systems are available for purchase through your favorite Vortech Distributor NOW!
· Flywheel horsepower/torque: Stock – 412/390 Supercharged – 605/473
· Manifold boost pressure with supplied pulleys: 7.5-8.5 psig
· V-3 Si-Trim Supercharger with 3.60” Supercharger drive pulley
· Supplied SCT programmer re-flashes the factory ECM with a safe, custom calibration for 91-octane fuel.
· Fuel management upgrade includes fuel rail spacers and high flow replacement fuel injectors.
· Air inlet assembly includes rotomolded ducting that mates to OEM airbox for future 50-state emissions legality, and is also compatible with many aftermarket cold air induction systems (including Vortech High-Flow Cold Air Induction Kit – P/N 4FQ112-060)
. Billet aluminum and steel supercharger mounting bracket assembly includes idlers, drive belt and all necessary hardware. Mount features multiple idler locations for a wide range of belt and pulley fitments.
· Air discharge components include 24” x 13” x 3.5” welded air/air charge cooler core, 3” aluminum mandrel bent charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight, 98mm I.D. MAF Housing configured for blow-through use, integrated air straightener upstream of the MAF housing for smooth idle and improved drivability, Vortech Maxflow Race Bypass Valve with filter, and all necessary sleeves and clamps.
· Installation time is rated at 8-10 hours.
· Optional alternate size supercharger pulleys available. Use Vortech 2A036-xxx series part numbers.
· 3-Year/36,000-mile powertrain limited warranty optional (term is from vehicle original in-service date).
4FQ218-020L Complete System, Satin Finish – MSRP=$5,680.95
4FQ218-024L Complete System, Black Finish – MSRP=$5,995.95
4FQ218-028L Complete System, Polished Finish – MSRP=$5,995.95
4FQ218-120L Tuner Kit, Satin Finish – MSRP=$4,695.95
4FQ218-124L Tuner Kit, Black Finish – MSRP=$4,995.95
4FQ218-128L Tuner Kit, Polished Finish – MSRP=$4,995.95
4FQ112-060 2011 5.0L Mustang CAI Assembly – MSRP=TBD