The heritage of the lightweight front engine, rear drive 86 is new and alive once more with the birth of the Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ. But when an already fun drive gets a bonus shot of boost added to it…the fun to drive car becomes something even more. Vortech’s new air-to-air charge cooled Supercharging System for the FR-S & BRZ will reintroduce you to that smile you’ve been missing. Utilizing a specially designed V-3 supercharger, billet aluminum bracketry, and an OEM fit and finish you’ll have to see to believe. Bolt on the complete system and you’ll have 9psi of adrenaline rush on tap anywhere, any time. Safe, reliable, easy to install, and ready when you are.
• Flywheel horsepower/torque:
– Stock FA20 (factory rating) – 200/151
– Supercharged FA20 – 294/210
• Internally lubricated V-3 H67B compressor with 3.48″ drive pulley and helical gear configuration
– 5-Axis CNC machined billet impeller
– Manifold boost pressure 9PSI @ redline on stock engine
• Black anodized billet aluminum supercharger mounting plate and bracketry
– Includes all necessary idlers, hardware, and precision machined spacers
– Maintains full function of all OEM accessories
• High-Flow air inlet assembly
– Roto-molded supercharger air box mates with OEM fresh-air duct
– Quick release fasteners allow for easy access to reusable conical air filter
• Advanced air discharge components
– Large air-to-air charge cooler core measures 20″L x 7.8″T x 3.5″D
– Mandrel bent 2 1/2″ and 3″ aluminum charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight
– Integrated MAF housing configured for “blow-through” use.
– Compressor bypass valve with filter
• Replacement windshield washer reservoir assembly
• Supplied Ecutek programmer re-flashes the ECU with a safe, custom Vortech calibration for 91-octane fuel.
4TF218-014L Complete FR-S/BRZ Supercharging System, Black Finish
• Install time rated at 4-6 hours
• CARB E.O. development is in progress, however system not currently legal for street use.
• A Vortech Race Bypass Valve upgrade is suggested for applications producing more than 10psi.